My little place on the web to post my excellent thoughts.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
My thoughts on G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra
When I first heard a G.I. Joe movie in production I was pretty excited. (Unlike when I first heard of 2007’s Transformers movie, but that’s another subject.) I’ll start off by saying this I liked G.I. Joe as a kid, but enjoy it more now. In my mind G.I. Joe was the next step after the success of Transformers, and a live action version should work pretty well. This concept is one I feel could work in any time, a special task force going up against an evil terrorist group. In ways very realistic but it’s still G.I Joe, though isn’t that why it works?
As information on the movie was becoming available my interest was fluctuating. On the upside it was being directed by Stephen Sommers, from the “Mummy” movies which I enjoyed. Along with the casting, the movie seemed pretty good, with Dennis Quaid (General Hawk), Ray Park (Snake Eyes), and others I may not have known but at least looked the part. Except at first when I heard about casting for Cobra Commander (Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who was on “3rd Rock from the Sun”), but who am I to judge I haven’t seen the movie yet. (This is from someone who was skeptical about Heath Ledger as the Joker, and boy was I wrong! LOL) those we’re my first impressions.
It slipped my mind until the trailer was shown during the super bowl. After watching the trailer I was blown away, and become excited again. I noticed some more things as well, like Christopher Eccleston cast as Destro, (Which I may not have noticed but I became a Doctor Who fan recently) and Arnold Vosloo as Zartan (Imhotep from the Mummy). So in closing I can’t wait to see the movie. Do I think it’ll be the best movie ever? Not really but I do believe it will entertain and do the property well. For more information check out IMDB here as well as the official site.
I don't know what to expect from this movie. I'm trying to keep an open mind but those supersuits sure seem like the filmmakers may have missed the point of what made G.I.Joe work. We'll see. The woman playing Baroness really sells it!
I don't know what to expect from this movie. I'm trying to keep an open mind but those supersuits sure seem like the filmmakers may have missed the point of what made G.I.Joe work. We'll see. The woman playing Baroness really sells it!
ReplyDelete