Sunday, March 22, 2009

We Beat Secret of Mana!

Dee and I just beat Secret of Mana last Thursday night. It was my first time playing through the game and I loved it. I’m not going too much into the background on the game it self if you’d like to know more check out Dee’s Blog, or wikipedia. I’ll just talk a bit about impressions and experiences.

First off it’s Super Nintendo at its greatest. The beautiful score and vibrant colors warp you into this fantasy world. (Or at least it did me. LOL) It has great characters including the main three the Boy (Mana Knight), Girl (Defensive magic casting), and a Sprite (Offensive magic casting). The game gives you the option to name these three, and I’ve seen different names associated with each one. We choose to call them Seth (Boy), Fawn (Girl) and Marty (Sprite. This was my tribute to Marty McFly from Back to the Future). Not to mention this being a two player RPG, with a real time battle system. (Battle system I’ve heard compared to Classic Zelda games) There doesn’t seem to be as many of this kind of title co-op experience any more. We had such a blast playing through this game. With few scary moments, the game froze once and we played for almost two hours between saving which was scary as hell. (LOL) Other then that there were a few minor things like questionable hit-detection, clipping inside of walls, and horrible computer A.I at times, but that made the experience more fun. We had so much fun with Secret of Mana; we’re now playing through Legend of Mana on the PS1. At about seven hours into it I’m really enjoying myself. A lot of stories and characters in this game, but I’ll save my experiences until we beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment