Thursday, March 5, 2009

A shout out to Wolverine and the X-Men!

I just like to give a shout out to a great new animated series, Wolverine and the X-Men. It’s the third animated series in the X-Men Universe including X-Men: The Animated Series, and X-Men: Evolution. This is new take on the more or less same X-Men plot about Mutant Rights, but with a twist. (Which I won’t spoil here) So far here in America we’ve only saw the seven episodes. (I say that because I’ve heard other places in the world the series is a lot farther ahead.)

My wife Dee and I went into the show no expectations, but after the first episode we both said wow. I have to say when you boil it down it really is the same story, but this take and the characters sold it for us. The tough thing about X-Men is there is forty plus years worth of storyline and characters. So they have to choose what elements to focus on, as well as who will comprise these stories X-Team and Villains.

The team is a good mix of classic and new favorites such as Wolverine, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Rogue, Shadowcat, Forge, Emma Frost and more. Magneto and the Brotherhood are the only villains we’ve been introduced to, but there are a lot of people they could bring in.

I’m enjoying the series so far as a whole, the voice casting is very well done, the animation is also good, and the character deigns. I’m a big fan of the design of Nightcrawler, he was always a favorite of mine. As well as casting Steven Blum as Wolverine, (he did an awesome job in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance videogame) with him also voicing him the Hulk Vs.

My final thoughts are if you like the X-Men, give it a shot. I was surprised with it, and rejuvenated my fandom in the x-verse a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment