Friday, March 6, 2009

SNK's Baseball Stars!!


Baseball Stars for the NES was one of the first baseball games I’d ever tried, and to this day is one of my favorites. Developed by SNK and released in 1989, this game was a first for a lot of standards in sports games today. Including having memory for saving stats and teams, (Remember to hold reset while turning off your system. LOL) the ability to create teams and players, trade and buy players, and it included female players which was a first. Along with smooth game play and the graphics took nice advantage of the NES abilities. It spawned a sequel for the NES in 1992 which added more teams and a choice of stadiums to the mix.

I’d say it still holds up, with a lot packed into a 2meg cartridge. I have very fond memories of this game, playing it for hours with my friend Ryan. I enjoy it to this day. For more information check out it’s Wikipedia page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment