
So I’ve finished reading the last two issues of the Nightcrawler Mini-Series (85’-86’) that I posted about previous. I’ll start by giving a quick synopsis of the series as a whole.
It was written and drawn by Dave Cockrum who created the character. (Storm, Colossus, Mystique, and Thunderbird he also created) It begins with Kitty Pryde and her friend Illyana, accidentally sending Kurt and Lockheed (Kitty’s pet dragon) into alternate dimensions during a danger room session. First landing in a land with sky pirates, he is soon sold to Shagreen the Sorcerer, half man/half shark who is obsessed to learn how to teleport. He escapes saving a Princess in the process, and presumably sends Shagreen to the great beyond. Just as the Princess is about to “thank” him, he’s ripped out of there into another dimension. All this while Kitty and Illyana are trying to bring him back. Next he arrives in a fairy tale land that Kitty tells Illyana about in X-Men #153, where Kitty and Colossus are grown up as pirates, Wolverine is a “Tasmanian devil” like creature named Mean, and Nightcrawler is represented by little mini-versions of himself called BAMFs. (LOL) He meets Shagreen again (He’s alive…) they fight, he saves the BAMF’s and he is eventually able to return home. I left quite a bit out, but that’s the series in a nutshell.
So I liked the story overall. It had that classic 1980’s feel. Though I have to say I enjoyed the first issues with the sky pirates more then the fairy tale aspect. These are just my thoughts if anyone is more interested check out this Marvel database link, and the series is pretty cheap so pick up it up!

No comments:
Post a Comment